General Notes & Thank Yous
Here you'll find notes on running gags, weird observations,
and other general things about Pepper Ann that didn't fit in the episode guide.
You'll also find a list of people who have contributed to the episode guide. Thanks, guys!
If you want to submit anything to this page, click here for the form!
Known first names of HMS Teachers:
Running gags (I can't remember which eps these started in. Other gags are listed in the ep guide.)
- Ms. Bladdar - Bronte
- Mr. Carter - Roland
- Mr. Finky - Sherman
- Ms. Stark - Abriola
Although PA and her friends are in 7th grade for the whole series...
- In season three, there's a joke about people who have gone to film school ending up in bad places (i.e. the bum in "To Germany, With Love").
- Also in season three, Shelf McLain develops a habit of shouting, "Who [insert offending action]? Who?" in reaction to things.
- There appear to be two "spring semesters". In "The Spanish Imposition", PA takes Spanish as her second semester elective. In "The One With Mr. Reason", she talks about having a clean slate in a new semester.
- There are two distinctly different occurances of Halloween, but only one Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day, and it's never Easter.
- It seems to be winter and spring more than once, although there is only one spring break.
- There are two big springtime events at HMS: the spring dance in "Sense and Senseless" and the Springtime Late-Night Flashback Jam in "P.A.'s Life in a Nutshell".
- A lot of the visual fantasy stuff went out of the show after the first season. In season one, PA would shrink when she was embarrassed, deflate when she was upset, etc. That kind of thing barely happened at all in season two, and had pretty much stopped by season three.
- Is Milo's art surreal or just plain weird?
- I noticed that there are a lot of similarities between Mitch (Lydia's boss), and Todias (the guy who redecorates the house in "The Velvet Room"). Both of them have hair that sticks out over their foreheads and kind of floats, they both wear weird glasses, and they both have funny accents. And they both do things that can be qualified as some kind of fashion or design.
- Craig's band doesn't have a name.
- Is Narn supposed to be a parody of something specific? It's definitely a very "Milo"-type thing, but it also seems to have come out of nowhere.
- The only character on the show whose birthday we know for sure is Becky Little's. Even though Dieter has a birthday party in "Have You Ever Been Unsupervised", they never say what date it is.
- Throughout the series, Coach Doogan will occasionally mention that she "left the convent", although when or why she was a nun is never specified.
- Does Mr. Finky have a thing for Ms. Sneed? In "Manly Milo", when Milo is giving Mr. Finky advice, he says, "But she did love you Sherm. She expressed it the only way she knew how: through her knitting." Knitting immediately brings Ms. Sneed to mind.
- In "You Oughta Be In Musicals", the number on the door to PA's house is 24. Also, there appears to be a mail slot in the door, although Lydia is seen getting the mail out of a mailbox at the end of the driveway in "One Angry Woman".
Heh, more when I ramble. Feel free to submit your own observations and PA ramblings!
These people have all contributed something to the PA World Episode Guide!
Michelle, Earl D., Kim, ShadowCombat, John H., Russell McClellan, Laura, Sammi, and Uniquest Uniquey this Side of Freaky.
Please note that you will be taken to a transition page once you press the "Submit" button. This means that I have received your submission, so please don't send it a second time. Also, all submissions are subject to minor grammatical editing, or omission if they are too similar to other things already on this page.
Back to top
[Pepper Ann World]